City Services During COVID-19
Below are a number of updates directly from various departments within the city government to explain how COVID-19 is impacting how they serve the community. The Mayor’s Action Center and the RequestIndy App continue to operate as normal. We encourage all neighbors to make your report the appropriate city agency first to obtain a case number/reference number/etc. then use our website to Report an Issue to allow MKNA to advocate for a timely, reasonable solution.
City of Indianapolis Department of Metropolitan Development (DMD)
The Department of Metropolitan Development is dedicated to the sustainability and resiliency of Indianapolis. We are also very mindful of people’s health and safety. With guidance from Mayor Joe Hogsett and the State/County Health Department, we have made adjustments in how we work alongside the people we serve by practicing social distancing, increasing sanitary measures, and transitioning so that our divisions can work remotely from home.
Rather than visiting our offices, we strongly urge you to utilize the online city services available on indy.gov/DMD.
- For planning, zoning, or variance inquires, email email@example.com
- For inquires related t0 the Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send general inquiries to email@example.com
- Do you need to reach our Community Investments team about federal grants? Please visit: https://www.indy.gov/
Message from the City of Indianapolis Department of Business & Neighborhood Services (BNS)
The safety and well-being of customers, residents, and staff is the number one priority for the City of Indianapolis and the Department of Business & Neighborhood Services (BNS). As such, we have been closely monitoring developments as they relate to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In light of new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Indiana State Department of Health, BNS will be taking the following measures:
- Beginning Monday, March 16, the Lobby will be CLOSED, but operations will still continue.
- Drop-offs will still be accepted. Special drop-off boxes will be placed outside the Lobby doors.
- Most BNS staff will be working remotely, so we ask for patience as this means turnaround times or responses to emails and phone calls may be delayed.
- ALL payments must be made ONLINE via the Citizens Access Portal, or by MAIL to the following address: 1200 Madison Ave., Ste. 100, Indianapolis, IN 46225.
Customers and residents are reminded that they can utilize the Citizens Access Portal, which provides 24-hour access to applications for ALL permits issued by this department. The portal can also be used to research permits, licenses and violation cases. Attached are some helpful guides for navigating the portal. We will continue to monitor this situation and send out updates as circumstances change.