Land Use Case Reviews • Tuesday, Jan 5 at 6pm
Land Use Case Reviews of Requests for Variance
Tuesday, January 5 at 6pm
Gymnasium at IPS School 84 • Center for Inquiry
440 East 57th Street
The Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association Land Use committee will meet to review requests for variance of development standards. The MKNA Land Use Committee will consider these cases and make recommendations to the full MKNA Board. All interested neighbors are encouraged to attend.
932 East 38 Street, filed for Mohammad Abdullah by David Kingen and Justin Kingen
Petition Case #2015-CZN-828/2015-CVR-828, continued from last month
The petitioner requests to rezone 0.24 acre from D-5 (W- 5) district to C-3C (W-5) classification; and variances for use and development standards of the Commercial Zoning Ordinance to:
- Allow minor auto repairs such as tune-up, battery check and replacement, and other light repair at the shop,
- A tire shop, with outdoor display (not permitted);
- Legally establish zero-foot front yards on 38th Street and Winthrop (10 foot front yards with landscaping required);
- Legally establish zero-foot west and north side transitional yards (15-foot transitional yards with landscaping required); and
- Legally establish a trash container in front of the established front building line (not permitted).
4466 Central Avenue, Michael and Jeanne Agostino
Petition Case #2015-DV2-040
Variance of development standards of the Dwelling Districts Zoning Ordinance to legally establish and provide for an addition, with a 3.7- foot north side yard for a single-family dwelling and a four-foot south side yard for a detached garage, creating a 7.7-foot aggregate side yard (minimum seven-foot side yard and 19-foot aggregate side yard required).
512 East 57th Street, filed for Estridge Homes, by Bryan Stumpf
Petition Case #2015-DV3-059
The petitioner has applied for variances of development standards of the Dwelling Districts Zoning Ordinance to provide for the reconfiguration of three lots with:
- one lot having access via an access easement from the north-south alley to the east (direct access to a public street required);
- two lots having 8,400 square feet of lot area (10,000 square feet required);
- two lots having a minimum open space of 45% (70% required);
- two lots having aggregate side yards of 12 feet (16-foot aggregate required); and
- three lots having minimum front setbacks of 20 feet (25 feet required).
PROCESS for Requests for Variance
The Land Use Committee of Meridian~Kessler Neighborhood Association meets on the first Tuesday of every month to review petitions for variance of use and development standards of the Dwelling Districts Zoning Ordinance for Indianapolis.
When seeking a review by the MKNA Land Use Committee, petitioners must provide MKNA with a copy of the Legal Notice of Public Hearing by the 15th of the preceding month (approximately two weeks before the regularly scheduled MKNA Land Use Committee meeting). If the MKNA meeting falls after the scheduled DMD scheduled hearing date, MKNA will file a request for automatic continuance for the public hearing. This means Indianapolis Board of Zoning Appeals will postpone their hearing for four weeks.
Indianapolis Board of Zoning Appeals
These cases may ultimately be scheduled to be heard by the Board of Zoning Appeals in the Public Assembly room of the City County Building (200 East Washington St).
Copies of the proposals listed above and all plans and exhibits pertaining thereto will be on file and available for examination prior to the hearing in Room 1821 of the City-County Building, Indianapolis, Indiana, between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Written objections to a proposal may be filed with the Secretary of the Metropolitan Board of Zoning Appeals, as appropriate, before the hearing at the above address and such objections will be considered. At the hearing, all interested persons will be given an opportunity to be heard in reference to the matters contained in said proposals. The hearing may be continued from time to time as may be found necessary.
Public hearings are accessible to persons with disabilities. For accommodations needed by persons with disabilities planning to attend the hearing, please call 327-5155, or 317-327-5186 for the hearing impaired, at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the hearing.
Department of Metropolitan Development, Division of Planning, Current Planning Division