Home Tour 2016
Save the dates!
Twilight Tour and Party on Friday, June 3!
Don’t miss the largest and longest running tour of vintage homes in Indiana.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown Indianapolis, Meridian-Kessler is one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods. Well-maintained homes with historic charm are nestled within a diverse walkable community.
Founded in 1973, The Home & Garden Tour was created to promote the history and unique architecture of the neighborhood.
Today, the Tour is an important part of the fund raising efforts of Meridian~Kessler Neighborhood Association. Ticket sales and sponsorships are reinvested in the neighborhood and helps ensure that our community continues to thrive. These proceeds help to
- Enhance Livability – make the neighborhood more walkable and bike-friendly, develop infrastructure plan, and support crime prevention efforts
- Promote Growth and Capital Investment – support the mid-town TIF district and drive redevelopment opportunities
- Advocate to City Government – develop the neighborhood long term land use plan and promote compliance with community values
- Communicate – organize community meetings where critical neighborhood issues are addressed, hosts business and clergy breakfasts and publish a community newsletter
- Partner with Community Stakeholders – support the work of organizations serving youth and seniors
- Preserve Historic Qualities – prioritize neighborhood beautification efforts and promote commitment to historic architecture