MKNA Seeks New Executive Director
Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association Executive Director
Executive Director Caroline Farrar has been the backbone of the Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association for over 30 years. We are saddened to report that Caroline has decided to retire from her role as Executive Director in early to mid-2018.
Words cannot describe the commitment, passion, and dedication Caroline has brought to Meridian-Kessler for the past three decades. She has been a tireless warrior for the homeowners and businesses in our neighborhood and the surrounding area. We look forward to celebrating her efforts and accomplishments in the months to come. Needless to say, the Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association will not be the same without her.
We must now honor her legacy and transition to MKNA’s next chapter. MKNA will be accepting applications until November 15th for a new Executive Director. Instructions for applying are below. We anticipate making a hiring decision in late 2017 or early 2018.
The Executive Director serves as MKNA’s primary public spokesperson and represents MKNA to residential and business members and other stakeholders. The Executive Director provides day-to-day operational leadership and heads MKNA’s marketing, fundraising, and community outreach in collaboration with MKNA’s Board of Directors.
- Three or more years of senior non-profit or relevant management experience
- Outstanding marketing, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks in a dynamic, changing environment
- Self-confident, extroverted style with the ability to sell ideas and policies
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members, volunteers, and donor groups
- Cooperative, collaborative decision-making process
- Comfortable meeting and proactively establishing relationships with new groups
- Manage and oversee all of MKNA’s day-to-day operational tasks and projects
- Serving as MKNA’s primary point-of-contact to the organization’s members, local stakeholders, the media, and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various politicians, agency heads, and organizations throughout the Indianapolis metropolitan area and use those relationships to enhance MKNA’s mission
- Report to and work closely with MKNA’s Board to seek their involvement and input in policy decisions, fundraising, and marketing in order to increase MKNA’s visibility throughout Indianapolis metropolitan area.
- Strengthen and diversify MKNA’s funding sources
- Manage MKNA’s public communications, including Spark (MKNA’s magazine), social media postings, web page, email newsletters, and press releases
Candidate should be a current resident of the Midtown Indianapolis area, and preference given to current Meridian-Kessler residents.
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with background and experience, but anticipated to be in the range of $40,000-55,000 with bonus potential
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter and resume to meridiankesslerED@gmail.com. We politely request that cover letters and resumes be combined into one PDF file and saved as LastNameFirstName.PDF
After submitting a resume, applicants must complete a 5-7 minute assessment by visiting https://assess.piworldwide.com/oi/Meridian-Kessler
Please direct all questions to the hiring committee via email to meridiankesslerED@gmail.com. Please do not call the MKNA office with questions.