The CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon is Coming!
Please see the below information provided by the race organizers:
The CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon is coming to your neighborhood on Saturday, November 4, 2017!
Included are important traffic restrictions, reminders and ways you can enjoy the race. It is due to great residents like you that Indianapolis is a beautiful place to set your pace!
- Please be aware of temporary parking restrictions as of Midnight, Friday, November 3
- If you need to travel, plan your alternate route in advance of the race on Saturday, November 4
- For a list of road closures visit: monumentalmarathon.com/RoadClosures
- IndyGo riders expect delays, detours, and closures on Saturday, November 4 from 5:30 am – 4:30 pm. Visit Indygo.net/monumental to get the most up-to-date detour and delay information for your route
- The marathon and half marathon begin at 8:00 am, the 5k begins at 8:35 am
- We are anticipating 6,000 marathon and 10,000 half marathon participants
- Traffic may be impacted throughout Central Indianapolis due to course closures
- If your driveway is on the course, access may be limited on race day, please plan ahead
This is your race, too!
Join the celebration by finding a place to cheer in your neighborhood
Use the hashtag #BeMonumental to show your support on race day
Stop by the Monumental Health & Fitness Expo at the Indiana Convention Center on Nov. 2nd & 3rd to pick up a Fan Pass with discounts from local retailers
Familiarize yourself with the city streets and course map
Important – Stay outside the perimeter of the course
Do not park on the course!
Heading into its 10th year, the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon is Indiana’s largest and fastest marathon and among the 100 largest marathons in the world. Starting and finishing on the grounds of the Indiana State Capitol, this flat and fast course highlights landmarks and historical neighborhoods throughout Indianapolis.
In addition to putting on a great race, Beyond Monumental is committed to educating Indianapolis youth about the benefits of exercise, proper diet, and healthy living. Beyond Monumental conducts the Monumental Kids Movement, a youth fitness initiative that will span Marion County for the first time. The seven-to-nine week youth running program currently serves students within 40 schools in Center Township, including 36 IPS schools. Beyond Monumental has now launched the program in 13 schools in MSD Lawrence Township and an additional two in MSD Wayne Township. Along with the youth running program Beyond Monumental has also contributed more than one million dollars to support local education.
Please send all questions to: email@example.com