February 25, 2019
Construction for the IndyGo Redline has an accelerated completion timeline in order to reach early completion in July of 2019 (FAQ’s regarding the acceleration of construction can be found here.) Contractors will meet on a weekly to discuss progress and the impact of the project on surrounding neighbors. MKNA Infrastructure Chair Jerrey Finnegan will be on those calls and report back a summary of updates, changes etc. which will be posted every Monday along with the IndyGo Three-Week Look Ahead.
IndyGo Three-Week Look Ahead can be found here. Sign up to receive email updates directly from IndyGo here. (scroll to the bottom and enter your email)
The following pertains to the College Ave corridor within Meridian Kessler and north into Broad Ripple from 38th to 66th:
- Work on the Kessler Blvd/Monon Trail bridge will start on Monday, March 4 resulting in closure of Kessler Blvd at the bridge for about 1 week. NOTE: this is a DPW project and not one performed by the Red Line project.
- There will be cross-street closure at 52nd Street across College from 2/25/19 thru 3/1/19; this will extend to the alley on the west side of College.
- Efforts will be made to accommodate left turns off of College onto side streets but some left turn restrictions will occur on an as-needed basis north of 50th
- IPL will be continuing to relocate utility poles north of 50th
- Sidewalk and storm sewer work will be on-going north of 50th
- Temporary bus stops will be employed in the near-term due to work along College Ave.
- Although IMPD may tow vehicles illegally parked along College during construction, IMPD will make every effort to locate the owner/driver of the vehicle prior to towing it. If a resident/driver is concerned about this, place a paper with your name and phone number on the car’s dash so you can be contacted to move your vehicle before it is towed. Towing is considered a last resort.
- If construction barrels along College block your driveway, contact Jennifer Pyrz for help at 317-917-5322.
[Recorded by Jerrey Finnegan on 2/21/19]