Who do I contact about public safety issues?


It depends. There are three main sources to contact in regards to personal and public safety. First, in the case of a life-threatening emergency or a crime in progress always call 9-1-1. In the case of fraud, identity theft, noise/firework complaints, and any type of delayed (non-emergency) report dial 3-1-1 to be connected to the non-emergency IMPD dispatch. Both operate 24/7.

Lastly, the IMPD has a separate department and reporting system specifically for traffic violations. This number and/or online form can be completed in the case of habitual speeding through a specific area, expired plates, vehicles on public streets that have not moved for multiple days, etc. To submit a traffic complaint, click here.

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search